December 9, 2006

Baker-Hamilton Report

When I listened to the Baker-Hamilton press conference, I really didn't hear anything different from what President Bush has been saying for the last couple of years. It was "Stay the course in Iraq" without using the words "stay the course". A slow withdrawal, Iraq is in shambles, we need to rebuild it. These are things the Bush Administration has been spouting for months.

And you know what? I don't disagree with it. What I've seen, what I've learned, what I've observed, I don't think we can simply drop everything and pull out of Iraq right now. It's suicide. We'd be begging for an assault of terrorist attacks in 20 years. It's simply not a good idea.

My politics aren't either liberal or conservative. And as much as it might bother some to read this, I happen to agree with the President on our current policies in Iraq.

Clarification: I agree with the rhetoric, not the actual policies. I think we need to stay in Iraq so as to avoid a huge tragedy in 20 years.

No comments: