January 2, 2007

A story spun over and over again

Am I really that much of an asshole? Is my personality so grating, are my habits so irksome, am I just such an irritating person that, infallibly, everyone whose path I cross becomes sick of me? I really don't know. I don't try to act annoying. I genuinely just try to do my best to make people laugh, to keep the good mood flowing and not try to cause any trouble. I guess that's a lie, since it appears that all I really ever do IS cause trouble. All I ever seem to do is piss people off with something I say or do.

And then here we go, I become self conscious about my actions, what I say, I spiral into a depression and melancholy. It's all such a terrificly vicious cycle, and in all of my 21 years, I've yet to solve this puzzle. Fantastic.

No comments: